Whenever I feel I’m falling into the rut with my green smoothie routine (you know, the same old strawberry-banana-spinach-celery combination over and over again), I love to add some new ingredients to create new taste combinations and boost nutrition.
This time, I decided to go for some ginger, which I don’t use very often in my kitchen. Health benefits of ginger cannot be overstated, including a multitude of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory phytochemicals. Plus you get that distinct peppery-sweet taste, which combines very well with fruits and greens.
Once blended with some greens, frozen fruits, and bananas, you’ll be rocking one healthy ginger smoothie!
Health Benefits of Ginger
Why is ginger so good for you anyways? Here are a few reasons:
- Anti-inflammatory properties. E.g., studies have shown relief from arthritis.
- Cancer prevention. Offers protection against colon, ovarian and other cancers.
- Motion sickness remedy. Ginger has been shown to be an effective remedy for the nausea associated with motion sickness.
- Morning sickness remedy. Ginger is safe and effective at relieving nausea and vomiting.
- Antioxidant properties.
- Immune booster. Helps prevent and fight off colds and flu.
- Supports cardiovascular health.
Now that you’re sold on ginger, it’s time to blend it into a delicious smoothie.
For all my blending recipes I use Vitamix. If you don’t already own a VitaMix, I strongly encourage you to check out what this machine is capable of! For more information about VitaMix you can go directly to the VitaMix website. You may also want to read my post about the Best Blender.
I LOVE my VitaMix and highly recommend investing in one if you are ready to make serious changes to your diet. I have had mine for almost 5 years and use it daily!
If you decide to purchase Vitamix – be sure to use Promotional Code 06-004554 to get free shipping.
Questions? Comments? Suggestions?
If you have a favorite recipe, why not submit it here in the comment section of this smoothie recipes blog for others to enjoy too!
I also welcome any comments, questions and suggestions. Thanks!