If you’re looking for an affordable blender that you can use for blending, juicing, chopping, and mixing anything you want easily, then maybe you are thinking about getting the Ninja Kitchen System 1100.
It’s quite a popular blender, and seems quite versatile and good value for the affordable price; but the question is “will it do a good job as a green smoothie blender“?
Ninja Kitchen System 1100 Review
First of all, I have to admit that I haven’t used Ninja 1100 myself. However, since some people have asked me about it, I decided to dig online and do some research.
I looked at many sites and read many reviews and I have to say that although it’s not a Blendtec or Vitamix, it seems to be a decent blender at a much lower price. Although I cannot recommend it wholeheartedly, Ninja 1100 may be a viable option for someone who is considering a cheaper, entry-level blender.
Based on Ninja Kitchen System 1100 reviews on Amazon it’s a decent blender for the money. Yes, it does get some one and two star reviews, but there are also many people who are loving it. Compared to other blenders in this price range, it’s higher-powered, has an appealing, sleek design and performance that lets you prepare healthy recipes easily and quickly – certainly an asset for any kitchen. Ninja 1100 can be used for blending, crushing ice, pureeing, controlled processing and making dough.
The blender comes with 2 different containers, AND several blade options, depending on the job. Most conventional blenders only сome with three rotor blades. Ninja 1100 comes with a 4-blade and 6-blade assembly – so you get several blade options, depending on the job – that enables it to crush, chop and blend faster than other 3-blade blenders. By the way, be careful of the blades – they are VERY VERY sharp. Keep in mind to always lock them inside the pitchers at all times. Handle the blades with care. It also has a larger-capacity pitcher than other blenders which is very useful in making foods and drinks in larger quantities.
There are complaints that this Ninja 1100 blender does not always blend everything PERFECTLY smooth, so really question it’s ability to make perfectly smooth smoothies. Some users say that it does leave out small bits and pieces of fruits or ice. However, there are many others who say that it does a great job in blending stuff. If you’re looking for a good inexpensive blender, than this is probably better than other blenders on the market in this price range.
The larger container is a bit tall, so it may not fit under your kitchen cabinet.
Ninja Kitchen System 1100 At A Glance
* Blender and dough making appliance
* Lock-in lid with easy flip pour spout
* Dough hook, whisk, 6 blade assembly, 4 blade assembly, cookie dough paddle are attached
* Electronic control panel that features smart speed technology
* 3 speeds + pulse
* Easy to clean
* BPA-free plastic container
* 1100 watts
* 72 oz pitcher with lid
* 40 oz processing bowl with lid
* Stainless steel blades
* 2 ft long cord (It can be stored in the cord stuff box which can be found at the back of the base.)
What Ninja Kitchen System 1100 Can Do
* It can blend fruits and vegetables into smoothies and soups. You’ll need to add ice or water to it to reach the desired consistency.
* It can grind nuts or flax seeds into nut butter.
* It can make sorbets and ice creams.
* You can use dough paddle on Speed 1 (Dough) or the dough hook and dough station to make up to 1.5 lbs of dough.
* It can make juices. Blend the fruits and vegetables first with some water or high water content fruit, and strain the pulp off. If you use low water content fruits, you’d want to add a little water to achieve the desired consistency.
* It can’t make hot soups or heat up soups from ingredients that are cold.
Ninja1100: The Bottom Line
As I said, it’s a decent blender, but if you can afford it, it may be worth it to pay more for better quality.
Buy Ninja Kitchen System 1100
If you decide you want to buy, Amazon has great prices, and you can read more reviews there.
Ninja 1100 comes in 2 different models – BL 700 and NJ602. You may be wondering what’s the difference between these 2 models. Well, BL700 is actually a newer model that replaces NJ602. Basically, both units are the same and come with the same features and functions. The only difference seems to be that Model NJ602 comes with a free cookbook.
Questions? Comments? Suggestions?
If you have a favorite recipe, why not submit it here in the comment section of this smoothie recipes blog for others to enjoy too!
I also welcome any comments, questions and suggestions. Thanks!