Although green smoothies and salads are fantastic, most people cannot live on them alone 🙂
So, today I have a vegetable soup recipe for you.
Vegetable soups are a great healthy standby and are easy to prepare, digest and absorb. They are great comfort food, and are a great dish to warm us up in the middle of cold weather.
I recommend that you make a big pot that will last you a couple of days, or even longer (keep several portions in your freezer for “emergencies”).
The following recipes are just an inspiration. Don’t feel you cannot prepare the soup if you are missing one (or more) ingredients. Just as when making the green smoothies, experiment with your recipes, using what’s available in your kitchen, garden or grocery store.
Keep in mind that:
- You may add any vegetables of your choice, including leafy greens.
- Add beans, chickpeas, or lentils for more protein and “staying power.”
- Add some mushrooms.
- Add some whole grains, such as fine barley or quinoa.
- Use vegetable stock to add even more flavor.
- Add fresh herbs right before serving, such as parsley, dill or cilantro.
- Serve alone or with a side-dish of raw leafy green salad.
*This recipe uses quinoa, a gluten-free grain, that can be found in health food stores and some supermarkets. If you cannot find it, you may try substituting with millet, amaranth, fine barley, or other grain.
This recipes comes from my recently released ebook:
“Comfort Soup Recipes For Body and Soul”
Easy Soup Recipes Bursting With Flavor and Compassion! Your Guide To Cooking Rich and Decadently Creamy Soups With No Added Saturated Fat, No Cholesterol, and Low in Sodium Using Simple, Healthy & Inexpensive Ingredients”
For less than the price of a few cans of processed organic soup, you can have my collection of the best comfort soup recipes you’ll ever taste. And they’re easy to make, too!
- This ebook is filled with tips and tricks that will make you into a true soup wizard. You’ll be able to impress your family and friends every time you step your foot into the kitchen to make soup.
- Rich, Creamy Soups Guilt FREE. Low in fat, low in cholesterol, low in sodium. I teach you techniques to create super rich soups, without the added fat and cholesterol. No need to deny yourself these comforting creamy soups, if you use the ingredients that are healthy and perfect for weight loss.
- Immunity Boosting, Cholesterol-Lowering and Anti-Inflammatory Benefits. These soups are chock full of healthy ingredients, that have been proven to posses immunity-boosting, cholesterol-lowering and anti-inflammatory properties.
You will find many more recipes there, as well as lots of invaluable tips and strategies to make delicious soups that are also good for your body.
Find out more about the book here.
To your health,