It seems like I hear people talking about food and eating a healthy diet — and what it actually means — all the time. (Perhaps it’s because I’m fascinated with this subject myself — so I suffer from a “cognitive bias,” lol.)
Most of us are already aware of the fact that WHAT WE EAT directly affects HOW WE FEEL, and HOW HEALTHY (or UN-healthy) we are. We care about what we put into our body …
(to the point we they they take photos and post it on Facebook and Instagram.
Just as as side note, yesterday, I had to laugh out-loud. I was in a hip vegetarian restaurant and everyone was taking pictures of their food – including me of course, I’m not kidding!)
Yep, people looove their food.
However, it seems that almost everybody is focusing on the protein, fats, and carbohydrates. Those who are a little more into health, may also focus on Omega 3s, Vitamin D, and calcium.
Especially, if they find out that I’m eating (and promoting) a 100% plant-based diet. They seem to be concerned (for me) about calcium, vitamin D, omega 3s, and Vitamin B12.
What I want to ask is: Are YOU eating your GREENS???
Dark, leafy bitter greens are the missing ingredient in the Standard World Diet today.
Leafy greens are one of the most nutrient dense foods. They seem to have it all: proteins, fats, carbs; antioxidants, vitamins, minerals — pretty much everything that we need to be healthy.
The most important question to ask anyone who is not experiencing the level of health they desire is, ‘Are you eating greens?’ Chances are the answer will be ‘NO.’
A while ago I went to my family doctor for a general checkup. I haven’t seen her in 3 years. She asked me what I was doing that I still looked like I’m 27, while I was 47 years old at that time. Obviously, that was an exaggeration ;-). But it was nice to hear, plus I do feel awesome for my age.
Here is what I do every day to ensure that I’m getting lots of greens into my diet:
Drink Your Greens in Green Smoothies
Here are some green smoothie recipes, to get you going:
- 10+Spinach Recipes for Smoothies: How To Make Yummy Spinach Smoothies Your Family (& Kids) will Devour!
- The Amazing Parsley: Health Benefits and 3 Green Smoothie Recipes with Parsley
- Finally! Healthy Nutrition Made Easy: Learn How to Prepare Delicious Green Smoothies That Your Family Will Love!
- What Are Green Smoothies and Why Are So Many People Raving About Them?
- Blueberry Smoothie Recipes To Live For!
- Pomegranate & Cherry Smoothie Recipe
- Green Cabbage-Apple Smoothie
- Creamy Cabbage-Berry Smoothie
- Beet-Sational Beet-Berry Smoothie Recipe
- Beet Cabbage Smoothie Recipe
- Beet-Plum-Ginger Smoothie Recipe
- Lime-Oats Green Smoothie: Refreshing & Filling Breakfast Smoothie
- 2 Delicious Ginger Smoothie Recipes, Plus Health Benefits of Ginger
- Bok Choy Recipes: Nutrient Dense, Low in Oxalate, and Simply Delicious!
- Watercress: Green Smoothie and Raw Soup Recipes
- How About a Radish Top Green Smoothie? 3 Unusual Ingredients For Green Smoothies
- Delicious Kiwi Smoothie Recipes
- Cinnamon Smoothies: Spice Up Your Smoothies and Stabilize Blood Sugars
- Dandelion Greens Recipes: How About Some Weeds In Your Green Smoothie?
Questions? Comments? Suggestions?
If you have a favorite recipe, why not submit it here in the comment section of this blog for others to enjoy too!
I also welcome any comments, questions and suggestions. Thanks!